Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Review of the first lesson(01/09/2010)

Out of the three games that Dr.Yeap introduced, I liked the card games best as it  involves the integration of  Math and Language. This integration was brought out in a fun and interesting manner. I believe that mathematics has to be taught in a fun and interesting manner such as through games and other activities. As this way, children will remember the various concepts in the long term.Though our group found it challenging at first, to solve the problem, once we understood the strategy behind the game, we were able to arrange the cards from 1-10 as well as from 10-1. When I repeated this activity with my K2 students they were amazed and they said that I was a magician.

The technique of dice game was interesting and unique. Initially, I could not figure out the strategy behind the game. When the teacher explained that the sum of four numbers in one line is fourteen, I realised how easy the problem was. I enjoyed the paper clip game. I tried to win as much as possible by leaving three paperclips to my friend.
The video showed to us was useful. The teacher showed us how he can be a good listener as well as the same time how to facilitate the students' thinking skills to solve a problem.
The whole class was interesting. I understood how learning math can be a fun fill experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment