Sunday, September 19, 2010

Number Concepts

After I looked through the activities I realised that the activities 8.3 (Fill the chutes) and 8.4  (Find and press) have not been conducted in my class. When I read the activity about "fill the chute" I thought it was a good activity that I can include in my curriculum for four year old children. I usually play board games with children using die, which is similar to 'Snake and ladder' game. Though I am using computer, and old telephones  to play 'Find and press game', I did not use calculater to allow the children to do the same game. I think it will get children's attention and definetly in the future I will use this strategy.

The activity 8.6 (Counting on with counters) is a common activity in my class. I usually give different counters to four year olds to count and asks them to give me a particular number of counters.( Less than 10). I will do it as a game. I gave some counters to five children at the same time. Then I will tell a number loudly, they will count and take that number of counters. Whoever gives me the correct number of counters is the winner.

Another activity which is common in my class is activity 8.2 (Find the same amount). I will give two sets of identical cards to two children. When a child show a particular number of cards other child has to show the same number of cards in which number as well as the pictures are shown.

No comments:

Post a Comment